In memory of my mother
Mila Granic

In memory of my mother <br>Mila Granic
In memory of my mother, Mila Granic
(February 18, 1941-December 20, 1995)
I support OCC(Ovarian Cancer Canada)

Monday, November 16, 2009

$450 a Ticket? Can You Say RIPOFF?...sorry Howie(not your fault but...)



Some people can do no wrong no matter what. Even if the individual is, believe it or not, a politician. I'm referring to Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion, and no, I'm not talking about the conflict-of-interest accusations aimed at McCallion(that's another blog for another time).

What I'm specifically talking about is Howie Mandel performing in Mississauga. "Huh?" you may be asking yourself, wondering what Howie Mandel has to do with the Mayor of Mississauga? Howie's Canadian(I guess Canadian-American now). From Toronto originally.

Howie Mandel is performing in Mississauga next week. I was all set to go to my local Ticketmaster to buy tickets for that evening, until I read in the Mississauga News tickets are $450 per person.

Nope it's not Howie being greedy. Ends up being the Mayor's Gala so the Mayor of Mississauga and her buddies are the greedy ones(I don't buy any excuses why they "must" charge that much...they don't have to).

As I said to someone who was just as surprised as I was(and I still am)about the price, who replied to my status on Facebook, "I was surprised at the price of a ticket. Mayor's Gala or not can you say RIPOFF! and she's the 'People's Mayor'? Yeah sure! A people's mayor would know most people can't afford that and charge a normal price so more people could attend."

Howie Mandel may leave people laughing but I'm not laughing at the price and am very disappointed in OUR Mayor(and whoever else on her team)thinking $450 is an excellent price for a ticket.

Seems to me this "people's Mayor" forgot about the rest of the people(the majority)who can NOT afford $450 but so badly wanted to go see Howie, as I did.

RELATED LINK
  • Judge named in Hazel McCallion conflict case(Toronto Star)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    So, What's On Your Mind?