In memory of my mother
Mila Granic

In memory of my mother <br>Mila Granic
In memory of my mother, Mila Granic
(February 18, 1941-December 20, 1995)
I support OCC(Ovarian Cancer Canada)

Friday, September 11, 2009

That Job's Not For You!




"That's not for you" is all I ever heard from a very unsupportive father. My sister was always told the same thing too. Made no difference what we wanted to do. She was always interested in Political Science.

Of course that(being told that it's not for us)was when we were much, much younger you believe and trust your father. sad to say my biggest mistake was believing he cared. Oh well!

Thinking back to that time I was too young and too naive to know better.

I still am very seriously interested, even now, in being a Hollywood screenwriter, a songwriter, a newspaper columnist/online journalist/Citizen Journalist, and a photographer.

Or even a legitimate paid blogger(one who respects confidentiality and actually verifies info first). No name-calling of anyone.

Yes, I realize these days some industries will hire you at an older age but I can't help but wonder of the careers I mentioned which one is considered "too old" to start at a certain age?

I'm getting there. At least (maybe) in another 20 or 30 years.

The present job I have, which is not associated with any of my interests, I can't just leave now.

Though if I had the chance, NO JOKE, even now, I'd definitely move to Los Angeles.

Anyways I'd love to hear from people who started the careers I mention at a much, much later age in life. Were you given a chance at a later age in life? Let me know.

Who knows? YOU MAY JUST END UP INSPIRING ME(AND OTHERS)TO PURSUE OUR DREAMS at the age of 40, 50, 60, or 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, What's On Your Mind?