In memory of my mother
Mila Granic

In memory of my mother <br>Mila Granic
In memory of my mother, Mila Granic
(February 18, 1941-December 20, 1995)
I support OCC(Ovarian Cancer Canada)

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Neglect No Surprise to Me



Though the circumstances are different, this story(http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/09/13/10867316-sun.html) about the Toronto Humane Society(THS) neglecting animals doesn't surprise me.

In the late 1990s I briefly lived in T.O.(near Rogers & Keele)with my aunt and uncle.
There was a hurt pigeon in the backyard. Being a Saturday I had a hell of a time finding a real live person to talk to at THS. By the time I actually spoke to a human, and gave the address the woman told me someone would be there "shortly".

Shortly? 1-hour passed by. And then 2-hours. 5-hours later no one from the THS bothered to show up. In the meantime I kept trying to call them again but kept getting a recording and no more live human beings to talk to. I slept over at my aunt & uncle's and Sunday morning thinking things would be taken care of by now. Boy was I wrong!

I even informed some local media(which shall remain nameless)and they didn't believe me that the Toronto Humane Society could be that uncruel, that uncaring by not sending anyone over after I was told they(THS)would send someone over "shortly." Pity! If the media would have reported then what I told them maybe we could have put a stop to THS neglect back then.

That poor pigeon was neglected and left to die because no one from the Toronto Humane Society wanted to show up to help. I was promised, yes PROMISED someone would be sent. If that isn't neglect on the part of THS then what the hell do you call it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, What's On Your Mind?